International Workshop on High Performance Platform Management
CALL FOR PAPERS & PARTICIPATION
As part of
The 17th International Conference on High Performance Computing & Simulation (HPCS 2019)
July 15 – 19, 2019
Paper Submission Deadline: 20 April 2019
Submissions could be for full papers, short papers, poster papers, or posters
Recent years have seen a powerful increase in large-scale, high-performance distributed infrastructures that reach across organizational and national borders. The strong trends to data centre re-centralization, catalyzed by the advent of virtualized infrastructures, compound the range of high-performance platforms and have spawned new commercial computing options, e.g., Cloud Computing. While creating new opportunities for applications, this proliferation also presents challenges to the operation of management of the resulting high-performance IT platforms.
More and more applications exploit large-scale data-centre infrastructure: Cloud offerings promise scalable commercial services, while high-performance computing clusters support the growing demand of computational science applications.
The construction and operation of these High-Performance Platforms poses challenges in many aspects, e.g.:
- the efficient management of their resources;
- the security of the infrastructure;
- the trust of users in the integrity and privacy provided by the platform;
- reliability and survivability;
- the performance of the platform;
- scalability; and
The HPPM 2019 track aims to bring together researchers and practitioners from the domains of distributed large-scale computing applications, operations and management. The workshop will include presentations of contributed high-quality papers in these areas.
The HPPM Workshop topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
We request submissions from researchers and practitioners on the following Workshop topics:
Performance and Control
Infrastructure and data security
Scalability and Construction
Networks in the Data Centre
Software-defined Networks (SDN)
Interaction with Users
Management of accounts
Accounting of used resources
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVES
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAPER SUBMISSIONS
You are invited to submit original and unpublished research works on above and other topics related to high performance platform management. Submitted papers must not have been published or simultaneously submitted elsewhere until it appears in HPCS proceedings, in the case of acceptance, or notified otherwise. Submission can be for
- Regular papers, please submit a PDF copy of your full manuscript, not to exceed 8 double-column formatted pages per template, and include up to 6 keywords and an abstract of no more than 400 words. Additional pages will be charged additional fee. Submission should include a cover page with authors' names, affiliation addresses, fax numbers, phone numbers, and all authors email addresses. Please, indicate clearly the corresponding author(s) although all authors are equally responsible for the manuscript.
- Short papers (up to 4 pages), please submit a PDF copy of your full manuscript, not to exceed 4 double-column formatted pages per template, and include up to 6 keywords and an abstract of no more than 400 words. Additional pages will be charged additional fee. Submission should include a cover page with authors' names, affiliation addresses, fax numbers, phone numbers, and all authors email addresses. Please, indicate clearly the corresponding author(s) although all authors are equally responsible for the manuscript.
- Poster papers and Posters (please refer to http://hpcs2019.cisedu.info/1-call-for-papers-and-participation/call-for-posters for posters submission details) will also be considered.
Please specify the type of submission you have. Please include page numbers on all preliminary submissions to make it easier for reviewers to provide helpful comments.
Submit a PDF copy of your full manuscript to the workshop paper submission site at xxx . Acknowledgement will be sent within 48 hours of submission.
Only PDF files will be accepted, uploaded to the submission link above. Each paper will receive a minimum of three reviews. Papers will be selected based on their originality, relevance, significance, technical clarity and soundness, presentation and flow, language, and references. Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper, if accepted. At least one of the authors of each accepted paper will have to register and attend the HPCS 2019 conference to present the paper at the workshop as scheduled. By submitting the paper to the HPCS conference, all authors agree to abide by all HPCS conference paper submission, publication and presentation policies as well as following ethical and professional codes of conduct, including those of the professional co-sponsoring organizations. For more information, please refer to the Authors Info and Registration Info pages.
Accepted papers will be published in the Conference proceedings. Instructions for final manuscript format and requirements will be posted on the HPCS 2019 Conference web site. It is our intent to have the proceedings formally published in hard and soft copies and be available at the time of the conference. The proceedings is projected to be included in the IEEE or ACM Digital Library and indexed in all major indexing services accordingly.
Plans are underway to have the best papers, in extended version, selected for possible publication in a reputable journal as special issue. Detailed information will soon be announced and will be made available on the conference website.
If you have any questions about paper submission or the workshop, please contact the workshop organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Paper Submissions: ------------------------------------------- 20 April 2019
Acceptance Notification: -------------------------------------- 30 April 2019
Camera Ready Papers and Registration Due by: ----------- 10 May 2019
Conference Dates: -------------------------------------------- 15–19 July 2019
International Program Committee*:
All submitted papers will be rigorously reviewed by the workshop technical program committee members following similar criteria used in HPCS 2019 and will be published as part of the HPCS 2019 Proceedings.
(* Committee formation is pending and will be finalized shortly.)
For information or questions about Conference's paper submission, tutorials, posters, workshops, special sessions, exhibits, demos, panels and forums organization, doctoral colloquium, and any other information about the conference location, registration, paper formatting, etc., please consult the Conference’s web site at URL: http://hpcs2019.cisedu.info/ or http://conf.cisedu.info/rp/hpcs19, or contact one of the Conference's organizers.